At Icommo we collect and retain personal information in the following manner:
- directly from customers when enquiring about or applying for a new service. This can be collected via our website, from application forms or over the phone.
- contacting third parties such as companies related to Icommo, credit reporting agencies, the customers' own representatives and current suppliers (when transferring your services across to Icommo)
- from information sourced from the public domain.
- using 'Cookies' to 'remember' your website preferences, to enhance functionality of our website, and personalise the
information provided to you.
Icommo uses customers' personal information to deliver our
services at the highest level and to suit the customer's needs best.
Icommo's use of customer personal information includes:
- identifying a customer and delivering the required services;
- gaining a better understanding of possible future needs for telecommunications;
- account management, such as, account administration, billing, and account payments;
- conducting checks for credit worthiness and fraud;
- assisting in any research and development for future services;
- inform customers about changes and improvements in Icommo products and services;
- market Icommo product and services to current and prospective customers; and
- comply with our legal obligations.
Customers' personal information may be used for marketing or
promotional campaigns regarding future product and service
releases or to highlight key features of our service. However,
with all our customers Icommo will provide, on an ongoing basis,
the opportunity to opt-in or opt-out of receiving marketing or
promotional material from Icommo. Customers have the
opportunity for such an option when they open an account with
Icommo or you can call Customer Care on 02 8905 9501.
Icommo, at times, will have cross marketing promotions with its
partners, and in the process, may make available a customer's
personal information to our partners. Before Icommo makes this
available to our partners, Icommo will provide customers in
writing with an opportunity to opt in or out of such promotion.
Icommo will disclose all or certain aspects of your personal
information to third parties for the delivery of your service.
When disclosing this information Icommo will require the third
parties to keep all such information private and confidential.
The third parties Icommo is likely to disclose a customer's
personal information to are:
- outsourced service providers used to deliver our service to customers;
- credit reporting and fraud checking agencies;
- government authorities due to a requirement of a court order or law;
- government authorities due to requirements of the Telecommunications Act 1997 (Cth) and Telecommunications (Interception and Access) Act 1979:
- a customer's own authorised representative;
- Icommo's professional service providers, such as, lawyers and accountants;
- Icommo's related companies;
- other services providers in telecommunication and information supply.
Personal Information relating to the Telecommunications (Interception and Access) Act 1979 includes telecommunications metadata. This data is stored in Australia in accordance with the regulatory requirements of the Telecommunications (Interception and Access) Act 1979.
Access to customer personal information stored by Icommo is a
customer's right, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. To access a customer's own personal
information, the customer should contact our Customer Portal by
logging in with username and password. Alternatively the
customer can send an email to Icommo Customer Care, stating that
the customer requires access to its personal information.
However, we are not required to provide where we believe doing so would:
- prejudice law enforcement or crime prevention activities;
- pose a serious threat to health or safety;
- have unreasonable impact on the privacy;
- prejudice Icommo in legal proceedings or negotiations with you;
- reveal information connected with a commercially sensitive decision process; or
- be contrary law.
Icommo have taken certain steps to store your personal information in a secure environment. These steps include a combination of technical solutions, security controls, and internal procedures to secure personal information from unauthorised access and disclosure. All personal information is stored in Australia and Icommo does not disclose personal information outside of Australia. Regarding the personal information, we collect and store online please refer to our Online Policy set out below.
To make a compliant or feedback regarding personal information please contact the Privacy Office. The Privacy Offer will investigate your compliant and notify you of the outcome.
If you are dissatisfied with the compliant handling outcome or you do not receive response to your compliant within 30 days, you can make a compliant to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). The complaints OIAC must be made in writing. The compliant can made via OIAC's online Privacy Compliant form www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-compliant.
customer that is collected by Icommo, and not to any websites
that may be linked through URL's or banners.